Brought to you by:
Content written by:
9 June 2021 at 2:52:17 am
Suppliers are happy to negotiate if you are as well!
Managing relationship with your supplier is crucial. This helps to reduce unnecessary costs due to human error on both ends to achieve win-win situation. Here, we identified 5 HOWS to get you started!
1) Supplier will always have solutions for you. Listen, analyze and counterpropose based on your knowledge and experience of the situation. You should always consider feasibility and implementability in;
2) manage error on both ends
3) seek advice and also to provide advice
4) be clear about responsbilities when working with mutliple suppliers on a same project, avoid 2 or more suppliers working on the same thing as it is hard to track who is the cause of error
5) quote/price management to ensure cost is well controlled. In this area, you need to manage scope of work, payment terms and delivery time. Get 3 quotes if price is unacceptable. (Industry standard)
You may also like
We did our best to provide you with thought-through content. However, there lies a possibility of variation we might not capture. It is your responsibility to consider before taking our advice for action. As a continuous improvement, this page will be updated whenever a new insight is visible to us.
If you wish to contribute, kindly contact us by clicking here!