Lead Creation (Machinery Sales)
Brought to you by:
Content written by:
8 June 2021 at 4:21:29 am
We need to generate leads to help us link up and share our products with the prospect, thus making sales.
Here are some useful practices you may want to adopt;
1) Based on the type of machine I am selling and the end product it produces, I will search for relevant companies who may be potential users and note if they are seeking expansion. This is a sign that they will buy new machines and hence I will approach them.
2) I will make a competitor analysis by finding the price of product, mutuality, and availability in the market to assess whether making a market entry is feasible. With this certainty,
I can then implement strategies accordingly to conduct my business development. This includes;
i) types of product they intend to produce
ii) the monetary amount awarded for their project venture
iii) value projection of the market
iv) Country for their new setup and their potential partners
v) companies that they acquired
vi) directions of their next move
3) Distributing agents usually will contact me via LinkedIn. I will keep an open mind to allow them to sell our products in their market. If they can perform well in the market, we will work together.
However, I will need to set ground rules to ensure they follow our professionalism since they represent our brand.
4) If the customer only needs one or two of our machines as we target the mass market, we will create marketing campaigns and SEO to be easily searchable online.
We will also participate in networking events related to our industry to promote our presence. We will need our distributing agents to do the same in their respective markets.
1) It is important to track the performance of distributing agents. This allows you to review the partnership whether it is beneficial. You can also have logical reasons behind how you award these agents if they are in the same market.
2) Always be willing to cut off uncooperative distributing agents or those that do not perform well. This can save time for both parties to find better endeavors.
3) Ensure that your agent has a standard procedure in carrying out their business when representing you to avoid reputation issues due to their misbehavior. An agent will be penalised straightaway when they;
i) badmouth and criticise our products
ii) Steal from our client
iii) are unresponsive and uncooperative as if they aren't our agent
You may also like
We did our best to provide you with thought-through content. However, there lies a possibility of variation we might not capture. It is your responsibility to consider before taking our advice for action. As a continuous improvement, this page will be updated whenever a new insight is visible to us.
If you wish to contribute, kindly contact us by clicking here!