Selecting cameras for the project
Brought to you by:
Content written by:
9 June 2021 at 2:53:55 am
Selecting the correct camera means meeting functionality at an optimum cost.
It is important to acquire this skillset when you are doing project management. Here are the considerations you should take note!
1) Is the camera used indoor or outdoor? This will determine the IP rating of your camera. e.g. IP64
2) Is the camera required to pan, rotate and zoom? Knowing what you need will optimise your cost
3) Do you need your camera to have a thermal function? For temperature detection and to detect areas that are dark
4) Do you need your camera to record audio?
5) What video resolution and effective distance do I need for my application?
6) What frame rate do I need for my application?
7) What network protoccol can this camera support?
8) Should I have a POE or a WIFI camera? Distance between camera helps to determine this.
9) What is the effective angle of view of the camera?
You may also like
We did our best to provide you with thought-through content. However, there lies a possibility of variation we might not capture. It is your responsibility to consider before taking our advice for action. As a continuous improvement, this page will be updated whenever a new insight is visible to us.
If you wish to contribute, kindly contact us by clicking here!