Read basic electrical engineering drawings
Brought to you by:
Content written by:
9 June 2021 at 2:51:52 am
How do I connect high voltage and current for a system? Refer to electrical drawings!
As far as safety is concern, you are highly advised to follow electrical drawings. If unsure, ask!
Most importantly, protect yourself by wearing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment). To interpret electrical drawings, you should take note of;
1) Understand if the system is connected in parallel or in series
2) Know your electrical symbols to ensure you can identify if the component is a switch, load, motor or power
3) Identify the source of the power and ground to provide you with a good reference point to start and end
4) Identify thickness of the line to know the type of cable required for the routing
5) Most importantly, you should seek clarifications on;
i) type of connector used for the electrical components
ii) type of shielding, core, thickness and rating of the cable and wire
iii) electrical boxes to house the component which includes casing, mounting, bracketry and more.
You may also like
We did our best to provide you with thought-through content. However, there lies a possibility of variation we might not capture. It is your responsibility to consider before taking our advice for action. As a continuous improvement, this page will be updated whenever a new insight is visible to us.
If you wish to contribute, kindly contact us by clicking here!