Brought to you by:
Content written by:
9 June 2021 at 2:53:42 am
It can be frustrating when troubleshooting electrical components.
Here are a few checklist you can consider to get your job done!
1) It is important you understand the circuit before troubleshooting. Acquire relevant circuit diagrams or seek help from subject matter experts.
2) Do you understand the purpose of the component? It is also important you understand the functions of the electrical components so you can trace the problems easier.
3) Use multimeter to test connectivity if the wire/cable is connected.
4) Use multimeter to test connectivity if there is any fuse blown.
5) Always check to ensure if there are any disconnection in any of the wirings. You can look for the location of the connectors and start tracing from there.
6) It is advisable to hold the wire/cable near the connector and shake it to ensure there is no loose or partial connections. Use multimeter to test connectivity after shaking.
7) Always check if any wires/cables have snapped, pressed, kinked, cut or even wired wrongly to other components.
Don't forget, always wear protective gear before attempting any work! Your life is more important than your work!
You may also like
We did our best to provide you with thought-through content. However, there lies a possibility of variation we might not capture. It is your responsibility to consider before taking our advice for action. As a continuous improvement, this page will be updated whenever a new insight is visible to us.
If you wish to contribute, kindly contact us by clicking here!